Instructional Continuity at SF State
If instructors or students are unable to come to campus or if the campus is closed for unforeseen reasons, how can they best maintain participation in classes? Select a guide to learn more about teaching or learning remotely due to unforeseen circumstances.
05/04/2020 - Updated FAQ for Instructional Continuity
- The FAQ page for Instructional Continuity has been updated to reflect changes to the evolving instructional climate, and now includes additional sections on campus clarity, instructional support, learning support, and social justice and wellbeing.
04/07/2020 - Updates to Zoom security
- Academic Technology and Zoom have implemented a number of security changes to support secure use of Zoom sessions. These changes balance best practices and recommendations from the vendor with open, collaborative use of Zoom in an academic environment.
04/03/2020 - Zoom security guidance
- Academic Technology (AT) is aware of recent reports and issues with interrupted class sessions in Zoom. AT encourages instructors to review their guide on best practices for Zoom security and take steps to secure class sessions.
03/30/2020 - Updated Internet access resources
- Review SF State's list of Internet access resources, updated regularly, for those who may not have access to the Internet from off-campus locations
- Remote instruction will continue through the end of the spring semester. Read the latest important FAQs for students on what to expect and how to prepare
03/18/2020 - Academic Technology service status page live
- Review daily for updates to service and support levels throughout remote instruction, or find out how to get help from Academic Technology Services