SF State students, staff, and instructors requiring internet access in their place of residence during remote instruction and operation periods can refer to our list of resources below to assist with securing an internet connection. This list of resources covers three key areas:
- Internet Provider Offers
- Maps of Publicly Available Internet
- Support Documentation for Internet Connectivity
The following resources refer to discounts or special options from a range of internet providers for those who may not have access to the Internet from off-campus locations. Please contact the providers directly to understand if they may apply to you:
- Affordable Connectivity Program -The Affordable Connectivity Program is a Federal Communications Commission program that helps connect families and households struggling to afford internet service. This new benefit provides a discount of up to $30 per month toward broadband service for eligible households and up to $75 per month for households on qualifying Tribal lands. Eligible households can also receive a one-time discount of up to $100 to purchase a laptop, desktop computer, or tablet from participating providers. Eligible households can enroll through a participating broadband provider or directly with the Universal Service Administrative Company (USAC) using an online or mail in application.
Learn more about the benefit, including eligibility and enrollment information, by visiting www.fcc.gov/ACP, or by calling 877-384-2575.
- EveryoneOn - Find internet service provider deals in your area. Search by zip code.
- San Francisco WiFi: The City and County of San Francisco is excited to offer free WiFi service in selected areas and parks of the City.
- Comcast: Paid hotspots can be found across neighborhoods and commercial areas - use the Hotspot Wifi Finder to locate the one nearest to you.
- eduroam: Eduroam is a wireless network that provides guest WiFi access to participating educational institutions using your SF State credentials. It allows SF State faculty, staff and students to travel to eduroam-enabled locations around the world and still have access to WiFi.
- Tips to enhance your WiFi network
- Internet speed and bandwidth
- Troubleshooting your connection with your service provider
To request assistance with Internet access, submit a service request using the form in ServiceNow.