The following resources refer to discounts or special options from a range of internet providers for those who may not have access to the Internet from off-campus locations. Please contact the providers directly to understand if they may apply to you:
- FCC agreement (.*pdf) stating that providers will waive late fees, not cutoff service for lack of payment, and open hot-spots.
- Sonic: During the COVID-19 outbreak, Sonic is offering three months of free internet access and unlimited nationwide home telephone service to households with K-12, college students, or senior citizens 60 or older
- Comcast: offers free WiFi for 2 months to low income families plus all Xfinity hot-spots are free to the public during this time. Public hotspots can be found across neighborhoods and commercial areas - use the Hotspot Wifi Finder to locate the one nearest to you.
- AT&T: offers open hot-spots, unlimited data to existing customers, and $10/month plans to low income families
- Verizon: no special offers, but following the FCC agreement.
- Sprint: follows FCC agreement, provides unlimited data to existing customers, and, starting Tuesday, 3/17/2020, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- T-Mobile: follows FCC agreement, plus unlimited data to existing customers, and, coming soon, will allow all handsets to enable hot-spots for 60 days at no extra charge.
- San Francisco WiFi: The City and County of San Francisco is excited to offer free WiFi service in selected areas and parks of the City.